Ayurvedic treatment for rhinitis is based on the pattern of disease caused by excess vata dosha in the body. Rhinitis can be classified into 4 types based on symptoms, and each type requires specific treatment to help reduce the severity and duration of illness. Here are some important points:
Care should be taken while using herbal medicine in case of pregnancy and fever. Ayurvedic treatments can't used if an individual is having acute allergy attacks due to cold or influenza. Ayurvedic treatment for rhinitis should be based on the pattern of your disease. Generally, patients complain that medicines are not working well with their disease. This is because medicines are not given according to the problem of the patient. For complete ayurvedic cure of sinusitis, you need proper diagnosis-
Here are the different types of the rhinitis in Ayurveda.
Vata type of rhinitis is characterized by sneezing, nasal congestion, watery discharge, and coldness sensation in the nose. It's usually caused due to an over-activity of vata dosha resulting from a combination of factors such as:
The Vata types of Rhinitis are often treated with purgation (purgatives), nasal irrigation (nasya), palliative drugs (rasayanas) or antihistamines depending on severity of symptoms.
Pitta types of rhinitis are characterized by burning sensation, yellow-greenish discharge/mucus, irritation in the nostrils - mostly accompanied by headache. It's usually caused due to overactivity of pitta dosha resulting from a combination of factors such as:
The Pitta types of Rhinitis are often treated with antihistamines, palliative drugs (rasayanas), or nasal irrigation (Nasya) depending on the severity of symptoms.
Kapha type of rhinitis is characterized by a dripping sensation in the nose accompanied with cough and watery discharge. It's usually caused due to overactivity of Kapha dosha resulting from a combination of factors such as:
Ayurvedic medicine primarily focuses on prevention rather than treatment and hence treating rhinitis with Ayurveda is a lot more effective when it's used in combination (Prevention) with orthodox forms of medication that can be prescribed by a doctor such as decongestants and antihistamines.
TAKE the QUIZ and we will sort out the best Ayurvedic medicines for Rhinitis.
Rhinits is the result of a chronic inflammation within your nose. You can compare your Rhinitis symptoms with common colds, but in this case it will be more annoying because there's no time-limit for when you're going to get healed. It can last weeks and even months causing severe anxiety among sufferers as they try to find the cure.
Most commonly rhinitis symptoms include:
1) Smelly nose: A runny or stuffy nose with an unpleasant smell is often associated with Rhinitis. The body reacts to the extra mucus produced inside the nose by producing more oils and bacteria, which leads to a bad-smelling environment earning it the name smelly nose syndrome. Additionally, adenoids in children can cause smelly noses since they trap fluids making them smell like urine (I'm not kidding). It's really embarrassing having your kid around other people because of their smelly noses, but this article has a trick if you want that!. Also, whiteheads could create some odor too.
2) Sneezing attacks: When you have a stuffy nose from Rhinitis, the only way to clear your nasal passages is by sneezing. You will feel like you need to sneeze all the time when you have it, since basically the same thing as when you're trying to blow your nose but without any success; thus creating more mucus and making your NOSE STUFFY!
3) Nosebleeds: This symptom shows that there's something really wrong with your nose because of chronic inflammation which causes bleeding inside of the vessels.
4) Painful Sores: As if having a smelly runny nose wasn't enough, we've got another tiny problem: painful sores at the tip of our noses. These are called rhinitis ulcers and they are due to the inflammation of tissues in our nasal cavities. The best thing you can do as a sufferer is to find out how to cure rhinitis fast because these sores can be really painful, thus making your nose a no-go area for anyone around you!
5) Smelly throat: If you have been reading my articles for a while, then you know that I am all about curing stuff like mouth ulcers naturally. Having said that, the same goes for nose ulcers because this article talks about treating them using natural remedies. So what's so bad with having smelly throats?